Voodoo is an ancient religion, originating from Africa, who’s mystical practice is believed to bring reward to those who are willing to place their destiny in the hands of loving spirits. The practice of Voodoo involves the blessing of a Voodoo doll, which allows the possessor of the doll to contact the spirit of a specific person. Once the spell is in place you can address the doll as if you are talking to that person – sort of a spiritual phone call – influencing the person to act in accordance with your wishes, your desires, requesting a change in attitude, fulfillment in love, finance, career, family matters, etc.
Taiwanese/American designer Yu Yu Chien now combines ancient Voodoo beliefs with modern digital technologies. The 'Lovers voodoo kit' is a digital-spiritual communication device that, bonds two lovers spiritually and physically in order to enrich their relationship by providing various ways of connection between the two.
The Lovers Voodoo Kit's functions include:
- GPS mapping of the lover that can be tracked all the time by the other.
- The device has only "On" power, which symbolized the determinations made by deep and true lovers.
- They can call and see each other anywhere any time, and through the "head screen", one can see what environment the other one is in as if he/she is there being with the lover.
- Once the lovers meet physically, the 2 voodoos can be connected back to back, and all the diaries, photos, video clips that the couples have made would be transfered automatically into each other's device as an "Love Communication Exchange".
- The main purpose of the voodoo is to track each other and know exactly what each other is doing all the time, and with this 'secret device only between the two', it bonds the couple by developing better communications and understandings with one another.
- However, since it is a concept derived form the voodoos, there is embedded a 'revenge system'. Once one of the lover betrayed the other, the one who discovered the truth would have the option to put a "spell" on to the voodoo device, which is a computer virus that would automatically destroy all data and memories within the 2 voodoos, and if she/he wishes, the virus can go further into the lover's personal digital devices, such as notebooks, cell phones, etc., as a form of "balance" for the wound caused.
Soon in a telecom shop near you? We are still waiting for that visionary telecom company to incorporate young designer Yu Yu Chien in their research team and attain a swift marketshare in Voodoo communication technology.
See also: Friending, Ancient or otherwise, Tribal communication technology.
Share your thoughts and join the technology debate!
Be the first to comment